12 Dec Duane Culver, CPA, MST
Following in my father’s footsteps, I wanted to help people and businesses with their finances so I began preparing tax returns in 1988. I quickly learned that I enjoyed making a positive difference in people’s lives. If I could help them make a plan with their finances, they could achieve their goals, and oftentimes save on taxes in the meantime.
I continue to expand upon and update my accounting skills and knowledge for the betterment of those I help. My key to success is to work hard and do what I say I’m going to do. Along the way I discovered that my views aligned closely with those of financial leader, Dave Ramsey, so I became a Dave Ramsey ELP for Tax Preparation.
The Role of Education in Accounting
I believe that education plays a necessary role in being able to provide leading-edge guidance and relevant tax strategies to my clients.
- Graduate: B.B.A., Grand Valley State University, Allendale & Grand Rapids, MI
- Graduate: M.S.T. (Master of Science of Taxation), Grand Valley State University Allendale & Grand Rapids, MI
- CPA: Licensed in Michigan
On the Forefront of Issues
By staying on the front lines of federal and state accounting and taxation issues, I can help my clients minimize their overall tax liabilities and legally avoid paying certain types of taxes.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Past President of BNI Grand Rapids Chapter II
- President of Creston Business Association, Grand Rapids, MI
- Board Member of Berean Baptist Church, Grand Rapids, MI
- Past Board Member of Rental Property Owners Association, Grand Rapids, MI
- Board Member of Keys for Kids Ministries
- Past Board Member of Pastor Care Great Lakes
On a Personal Note
Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my wife, Mari-Clare, and our four daughters, son-in-laws and grandchildren. When the weather is nice, I enjoy getting out on my bike to see the countryside. My goal is to ride 2000 miles this year.